Monday, August 28, 2006

Supposed to be a 'Quiet' and 'Saving' weekend

It should be a 'Home Alone' weekend, without my regular companion. Not really a big deal, I already prepared a TODO list to overcome this. The plan was to stay at home and spend my free time on playing games and reading my latest fiction. Most importantly is try to hold my wallet as tight as possible by reducing whatever unnecessary expenses. Apparently, it's quite difficult to cut down our expenses during the weekend. I would say it can easily becomes the 'Most Expensive' day in a week if you are not aware of.

The plan worked pretty well on the first day, Saturday, with total expenses as low as RM0 until 6pm. We all know plan doesn't always goes as expected. The day started when i bought my gf's parent 'thong sui' at Petaling Street. Twenty plus debitted into the expenses account. Well, i think the money was well-spent, no way you can save on this. :p Next, my friends called me up to watch EPL at the 'mamak' nearby. With the drink less than 2 ringgit, the spending also considered well-worth by allowing us to watch the whole match and talking crap. The day ended with total expenses less than 30. Not too bad for a day.

Sunday, plan didn't goes accordingly at all. When i wake up, the time is almost noon. First sms i got from my hp was we'll have a 'Old friend Reunion' in MidValley at 1pm. No escape for this, sure need to spend. With my friend driving, i had to pay the parking. Sigh, traffic congestion outside MidValley and RM3 parking during the weekend. That's why i normally shopping on weekday. Subsequently, we need to have our lunch. 'Old Friend Reunion' has to be a better dining place. We decided Pizza Hut. Phew, twenty plus per person. After that, one of my friend want to look for a shirt. So we just accompanied him. This guy really good in window-shopping. I and another friend of mine were walking like mad. Normally i only do this for my gf. Eventually, we split off and went to have some casual reading in MPH. My this friend only came back to meet us after 1/2 hour with his bargain. The time for him to buy a shirt is approximately 3 hours.

My expenses account closed after my dinner with the total of 70++ for these 2 days. Still unable to cut down cost over the weekend even though i had a plan. At the least, it turned out to be a busy and exciting weekend which's not supposed to be :D

No comments: