Saturday, May 27, 2006

Driving Range Debut

Wednesday Evening, nice day to play golf. As a newcomer to the game, the most common place to start with would be the driving range. We went to the Bukit Jalil driving range in a group of four.
100 balls for RM9, still affordable for me. Since i'm new to the game, my colleagues offered me the balls they bought

My initial plan was to jump straight to the bay and whack the ball. Look pretty simple to me at first but it was not apparently. My boss gave me my very first lesson of golfing, 'How to hold the club correctly?'. For some reason, i just couldn't made a smooth swing. Before i make my first drive, i had to practice my swing a number of times without the ball so that i won't throw my boss's club into the field. After a couple of minutes, I gained my confident and felt it's time to begin driving with 'ball'. It appeared to be a painful experience as my swing hit the floor, bad shot. Luckily my ball didn't go to the wrong direction.

Practice makes perfect. Though my shot is not perfect for every drive, at least i managed to make a few clean shot. Not too bad for a beginner to hit more than 50 meter right, consoling myself. My target for the next session would be 100 meter with the 100 balls i buy on my own. We will wait and see.

No comments: